Apart from the aesthetics it gives to the scenery, planting trees is one of the easiest and most sustainable ways to positively affect the environment.
If you haven’t realised the effects that felling trees is having on the environment, you ned to read on.
Environmental advocates and scientist tell us Mother Earth is crying. Her vital signs are indicating trauma. The Air, water, soil and climate are declining. We, her inhabitants, apparently have become her worst enemy.
The greenhouse effect is the most critical issue at stake. Industrialized, progressive countries have aggressively modified their land, reduced native habitats with such speed and are burning excessive amounts of fossil fuels.
If we are to save our Earth, we must have the courage to look in the mirror and say, “We are the problem” and then act!
It’s a must!
We must take immediate action at the grassroot level if we are to save our planet by first understanding the benefits of planting and preserving these trees.
- Trees improve the air quality by producing oxygen. They also store carbon, and in that way reduce harmful byproducts of fossil-fuel burning.
- These trees moderate the effects of sun and wind, and they clean the air by trapping dust, pollen and other pollutants.
- Trees generate jobs and contribute raw materials for buildings, newspapers, books, etc. They are renewable, biodegradable and recyclable.
- Trees bring about a refreshing feeling as they make people feel good especially when they see trees along their commute routes and from their office windows.
- Trees provide shelter and food for wildlife such as birds, squirrels and bugs.
We need trees now more than ever! Join the rest of the world to make mother earth habitable for our unborn generation by planting a tree today. No matter how small!
Did we miss any good reason? Do share with us in the comment section.